Governors collaborate with the school in its work to provide a challenging, safe and exciting learning environment for all of our children. The Governing Body works with the Senior Leadership Team to establish the School Development Plan and approves this, the annual budget and internal policies. We ensure that our policies meet central and local authority requirements. We also monitor the implementation of our policies and we conduct appeals, senior staff appointments and consider serious disciplinary decisions. We abide by our Code of Conduct.
Our core purpose is;
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
In addition to the full Governing Body meeting there are 4 separate committees which meet termly:
- The Quality of Education Committee which looks at aspects of teaching and learning
- The Finance, Pay and Premises Committee which looks at the financial management of the school and its premises
- The Swan Centre Committee which, jointly with Strand on the Green Infant School, manages the work of the centre
- The Safeguarding and Wellbeing Committee which looks at the health and wellbeing of the school
For more details on members of our Governing Body click here.
Contacting the Governors
If you would like to meet us and we are not around in the playground, please contact:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that urgent matters should be submitted in writing to the school office and addressed to the Chair of Governors.